We all need those easy desserts we can pull off quickly. This Peeps Funfetti Cookie Pie is just that. A cute and easy dessert for spring. I received a copy of the cutest book to review, Peeps-a-licious, filled with 50 irresistibly fun marshmallow creations.
The book isn’t just for Easter, there are recipes for holidays throughout the year. Seriously, the recipes are just adorable. I love peeps at Easter time. They add a pop of color to recipes and decor. A few year back I styled this Easter Brunch party and used them to top brightly colored straws.
Invite the kids to help you make the pie. They can help mix in the chips and sprinkles, while helping themselves to a few. The hardest part will be letting it cool so you can finish decorating the pie.
Peeps Funfetti Cookie Pie supplies:
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough (chocolate chip would be good too!)
- White Chocolate Chips
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Vanilla Frosting
- PEEP Marshmallow Bunnies
Mix the 1/2 the white chocolate chips and sprinkles into the dough. Press into a pie or tart tin and bake. When it comes out of the oven, while still hot, sprinkle with the remaining chips and sprinkles. Let cool for a good hour.
Finish it off by piping frosting around the edges and placing the PEEP bunnies in a circle around the center. Slice and serve.
Peeps Funfetti Cookie Pie
- 1 roll Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- !/2 cup rainbow sprinkles, divided
- PEEPS Marshmallow Bunnies
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter tart pan or pie shell.
- Break up cookie dough and place in large bowl. Add 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 1/4 cup sprinkles to the dough. Combine until well mixed.
- Press cookie dough down to fill out the pan. Top with sprinkles and gently press in.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Remove and immediately sprinkle remaining white chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles over the top. Allow to cool.
- Place frosting in piping bag and pipe around the edges. Place a dollop of frosting on the back of each and arrange bunnies in a circle around the center of the cookie.