I hope your Christmas was wonderful. Mine was spent with family. Christmas morning is always at my brothers with my niece and nephews. I love seeing Christmas through their eyes. This week I have been reflecting on the past year and looking ahead. Have you heard of one word 2012? Last year I chose a word, it was fearless and became my theme for the year. I am pondering what this year’s will be.
I made this Cranberry Oven Pancake this week. I had a bag of cranberries in my refrigerator. I saw this picture and had the idea to somehow incorporate it into an oven pancake.
The sugar glazed cranberries have to soak in the maple syrup overnight so there is a little pre planning required. That can be a struggle for me sometimes.
Drain them and roll the cranberries into sugar and onto a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1hour.
When it came out I topped it with the berries and sprinkled with powdered sugar. You can serve with maple syrup on the side.
I have been working on fun new project healthifying recipes. Can’t wait to share more in the New Year!
Cranberry Dutch Baby
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a large skillet in the oven with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or in a mixing bowl.
- Once butter is melted remove from oven and place 1/2 cup fresh cranberries. Pour in the batter. Place in the oven and bake 15 minutes or until pancakes has buffed is browning.
- Top with sugar frosted cranberries and dust with powdered sugar.
- Sugar Frosted Cranberries (from Yummy Mummy)
- Rinse cranberries and place in a medium bowl. Heat syrup in a small sauce pan just until warm.
- Pour over cranberries when syrup is warm, not hot, or cranberries may pop. Cool, cover, and let soak in the refrigerator overnight.
- Drain cranberries in a colander. Place sugar in a large bowl or baking dish. Add cranberries in 2 batches and roll around until lightly coated in sugar. Place on a baking sheet until dry, about 1 hour.