I started my Christmas cookie baking the other night. Sadly, I had a bit of a mishap and lost a tray of them to the floor, right out of the oven. My dog was happy! These cookies are the bomb if I do say so. I was inspired by one of my fellow Betty Crocker bloggers, Sugar, from Cooking With Sugar‘s, Browned Butter Pecan Balls.
We have a family recipe that was similar so I thought I would try our recipe with browned butter and added the dried cherries. The results were a nutty buttery cookie. The powdered sugar provides a melt in your mouth texture.
Alicia McKeown is the winner of the cookbook. Please email me with your address and the cookbook you would like.
Browned Butter Snowballs with Dried Cranberries & Pecans
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar - reserve 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter. Cook over medium heat until the butter turn a deep brown.
- Remove from the heat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl add the butter, pecans, cherries, sugar and vanilla; beat well. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in flour until dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1 inch size balls, place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or a non stick cooking mat.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and cool 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place 1 cup of powdered sugar in a bowl. Roll the cookies in the powdered sugar and then on a rack to cool.